- Leather part measures 7.5" long and 3" wide. The total length including the handle is 12.25".
- Slightly wider than the Reedtools knife for easy sharpening.
- Double sided: rough on one side, smooth on the other.
- First, use a burnisher to straighten and repair the existing burr on your knife.
- The first time you use your new strop, dot a tiny bit of diamond paste onto the rough surface of the strop. Dot it all around to distribute the paste.
- Sharpen the beveled side of your knife by laying the bevel flat and pulling the knife up the strop, toward you. Use firm pressure. Repeat a few times.
- Repeat on the smooth side of the strop.
- Every few weeks of use, clean your strop with coarse sandpaper.
- Dot fresh diamond paste after cleaning.